The UserReplay client-side capture script is capable of capturing the following:
• Cookies for the origin domain providing they are not marked http only
• Dimensions of the browser's client area (excluding toolbars etc)
• Form data
• Referrer (the URL that requested the captured page, if available)
• HTML source code
• XMLHTTPRequest (ajax get/post requests)
• User interaction events (including mouse position and clicks)
• Window events (scroll and resize)
• Form field analytics
• Predefined Data Layer Variables (Need to be explicitly specified in the configuration)
• Website Feedback provided by end users if deploying the VoC Feedback module, Active Feedback
Additionally, UserReplay will also monitor for state changes after the initial page load, detecting when DOM nodes are added, removed and when DOM nodes are changed which are captured and incorporated within Repay. This includes display of modal dialogs, updates from AJAX requests, etc...
The client capture library is provided with an API (Application Programming Interface) to allow the library to be configured to the exact requirements of each customer as well as various methods for controlling capture and sending custom data to the server. The API is under the full control of the customer with configuration support provided by UserReplay.
All communication with the UserReplay environment is asynchronous via HTTPS for data collection.